Project HOPE School Foundation
As part of The Persimmon Tree's commitment to great social causes, we are partnering with Project HOPE School Foundation to help fulfill their mission: to provide an exceptional academic environment that empowers homeless and economically vulnerable children to achieve their fullest potential.
10% of The Persimmon Tree's profits will be donated to the Project HOPE School Foundation.
The Project HOPE School Foundation (PHSF) was formed in 2003 by a group of volunteers and exists to provide financial support and community advocacy for the children and families of Project HOPE School. The vision of the Project HOPE School Foundation is to break the cycle of homelessness through exceptional education.
HOPE School is a part of the Orange County Department of Education’s Access (alternative education) program. OCDE provides the school’s facility, teachers, administration, curriculum and special education aids. PHSF, through grants, fund-raisers and donations from concerned community members like you, provides the funding for such crucial services as:
- A full-time on-site social worker
- Transportation services to/from school and to/from an after school program provided in collaboration with the Boys &Girls Club Of Tustin
- After school care at the Boys and Girls Club of Tustin
- Stringed music program (violin and cello lessons)
- Holiday programs
- Family assistance
- A part-time Executive Director and Program Assistant
- Other extracurricular trips and needs that are often covered by a ‘PTA’
The First Presbyterian Church of Orange has also served as a key partner of the program. Until recently, the church, for nearly 20 years, provided the facilities and many other invaluable operational services to the school.
Project Hope School Foundation
343 East Grove Avenue Orange, CA 92865